Pagevamp is the easiest and fastest way to publish a website. We accomplish this by allowing users to create and update their website from their Facebook Page in one click. All you have to do is upload pictures/videos on Facebook, create an event and post a new status, etc and your website is automatically and instantly updated. There is no need to hire a web designer or learn a new complicated platform to maintain an updated web presence for your business/organization. Not only that, all Pagevamp websites look great on tablet and mobile.
Some key points:
1. Over 30,000 sites created from over 100 countries since our public beta launch in late March, 2013.
2. Our developer platform waitlist is now live at pagevamp.com/developers. The Pagevamp Developer Platform will allow third party designers and developers to create themes and add-ons for the Pagevamp ecosystem.
3. We just relocated our offices to the New York City.
Our company story:
Vincent Sanchez-Gomez, Atulya, and Fred previously ran a small web & design agency together. After providing their clients with Wordpress sites, they quickly learned that CMS platforms like Wordpress were too complex for their customers to manage without a web expert. Additionally, the full customization of WYSIWYG website builders intimidated those without significant design skills. They began to brainstorm platforms that their customers already knew how to use and the best solution was Facebook. They created the first version of Pagevamp at PennAppsHackathon Fall 2012 where they received awards from Facebook, Lore, and second place overall. They later refined the product in closed beta by working with a core group of users. Pagevamp's public beta was launched in late March, 2013 and they have since seen over 30,000 sites created from over 100 countries. The three co-founders graduated from the University of Pennsylvania this past May and in June relocated to NYC to work on Pagevamp full-time.
Why people want a website:
· A website often acts as the business's first impression to a potential customer. What kind of impression does a completely out of date or unattractive website provide? Or the potentially worse impression of having no website at all?
· Websites inform customers and also convey a brand.
· Facebook Pages have valuable data but uniform design, so they are not optimized for specific users' needs. We take that data and allow users to showcase it in a way that is more meaningful via a website, no skills required.
After you have created a site using your Facebook Page, you can add custom pages that are more specific to the business needs. Some examples - a non-profit can easily embed a “donation” button, a musician can add Soundcloud or Youtube, a business can add a page showcasing their products. Pagevamp plans to expand its functionality through add-ons plans to expand its functionality through add-ons and will be launching more add-ons in the near future.
Here are a few examples of how our customers have been using add-ons -SEEKHO (donation button), Abi-l-ity (Soundcloud) , Made at Penn
(More information with links).
Some Example Customers:
· http://www.seekhoindia.org/ , non-profit in India.
· http://meredithbakermusic.com/ , recent graduate and musician.
· http://azwinemuseum.com/ , restaurant preparing for launch.